Homemade Fudgy Brownies
The weather’s turning colder, and this weekend happens to be extra gloomy, thanks in part to Hurricane Joaquin, which got close enough to bring loads of rain, but stayed far enough away to keep us central Marylanders out of harm’s way. (Yay!)
It’s time to break out the fuzzy socks.
(Okay, maybe not Christmas socks — yet.)
And enjoy warm beverages.
And read the next three books in the Outlander series (yes, I may be a bit obsessed now that I’ve finished the first).
And bake lots of yummy treats.
Like the chocolate-y kind that smell just as good baking as they taste being hoovered into your mouth.
This particular recipe uses ingredients that are probably sitting in your pantry RIGHT NOW.
Which means, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened for greasing the baking dish)
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour (for dusting the baking dish)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8×8″ glass baking dish.
- Add the eggs to the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, and whisk them for 3 minutes on medium-high, until they’re light yellow and frothy. Add the sugar, and continue whisking for 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients, and continue whisking for 1 more minute.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish, and bake the brownies for 60 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean).
- Let the brownies cool completely before cutting them into small squares. In fact, refrigerating them for an hour before cutting is ideal!