Everyone needs a dinner recipe in their arsenal that can be whipped up quickly, is able to feed a crowd, and makes terrific leftovers.
You guys? This baked ziti is it.
Making baked ziti at home something you’ll start doing a a few times a month. Maybe every week. Maybe.
It’s ready in about a half hour, and perfectly cheesy, oozy and gooey in all the right ways…
The only thing that makes this meal better is a big garden salad and a loaf of your favorite crusty bread, either made from scratch OR grabbed in the grocery store’s bakery department.
So, what are you waiting for??
Recipe Type: Casserole
Serves: 6 to 8
Add this easy baked ziti recipe to your arsenal of quick weeknight meals!
- 1 23.5oz jar organic marinara sauce
- 3-1/2 cups dry ziti or penne pasta
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt + 2 tablespoons for the pasta water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Bring water and 2 tablespoons of salt to boil in a large pot. Add the pasta and cook it to al dente. Drain.
- Mix the marinara, ricotta, ¾ cup mozzarella, ¼ cup Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and the basil together in a large bowl. Add the pasta, stirring gently to coat completely.
- Coat the bottom of a 9×13″ baking dish with olive oil. Spread the pasta mixture evenly in the dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the baked ziti is bubbly and golden brown on top.
The recipe looked great but I think it would be helpful if it was based on a pound of pasta vs. cups.
Thanks, Sue! That’s really good feedback.