Baked BBQ Pork Chops
Even though I’m a fan of homemade, from scratch sauces — pasta sauces, BBQ sauces, or even dressings — there are times when I totally embrace the jarred varieties.
Without guilt or regret.
Because sometimes when there are 15 activities to complete after work and between bedtime, I don’t have the time or the energy to whisk together a sauce, even if it’s the easiest thing in the world to do.
More so, the energy than the time, to be honest.
Like, when staring into space after getting home is pretty much all I can muster…
Brain = Fried
Perhaps I’m being a little over-dramatic; I don’t feel this way every weeknight.
But, on the evenings when I do, recipes like these easy baked BBQ pork chops are clutch.
Minimal work on my part, tasty outcome for everyone.
Bonus: with thin pork chops, you can buy them in bulk and freeze them in family size portions — they thaw SUPER quick, which gives you just enough time to slice onions and then stare into space for a bit.
- 6 boneless thin cut pork chops
- 1 bottle organic BBQ sauce
- ½ medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Pour half the jar of BBQ sauce into the bottom of a 9×13″ baking dish, and then lay the pork chops on top in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the onion and parsley on top of the pork chops, and then top with the remaining BBQ sauce.
- Bake the pork chops for 30 minutes.