Brussels sprouts are one of those “old school” vegetables that garnered a bad rap a few decades ago when housewives (okay, maybe househusbands, too) served them up to their families BOILED. TO. DEATH.
Boiling Brussels sprouts does them absolutely no justice. Those little, delicate leaves on the outside of each mini-cabbage-ish bundle? They scream to be roasted or fried, turning into melt-in-your-mouth bite sized packages of yum.
Add in a little bacon? Well, let me just tell you: roasted Brussels sprouts and bacon will win over just about any picky veggie eater.
If the appetizer and small bite menus of some of Frederick’s favorite foodie destinations are any indication (Ayse Meze and Family Meal, I’m looking at you), roasted Brussels sprouts are IT. People gobble them up as starters, as happy hour treats, and even as a full meal.
Looking for an easy edible for your next cocktail party? Roasted Brussels sprouts and bacon are super easy to throw together, toss in the oven, and then forget about until they’re done. I mean, really. Like, five minutes of prep. You got this!
And your guests will love you forever as they devour ever last savory, mouthwatering piece.
(Which means before unleash these roasted Brussels sprouts and bacon to your guests, make sure to reserve a little bit for yourself to enjoy.)
- 2 cups fresh Brussels sprouts (ends trimmed; cut in half lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts, bacon, olive oil, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Add bacon grease if you want (yes, you want to).
- Spread the Brussels sprouts mixture in one even layer on a large baking sheet.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts and bacon for 40 minutes, stirring them half-way through. They're done when the outsides are nice and crispy, and the insides are melt-in-your-mouth soft.
- Drizzle with balsamic, and then serve immediately!
Subscribe here to have delightfully chic (and sometimes snarky) opinions on must-have experiences delivered straight to your inbox!Note: Our posts might contain affiliate links. In case you don't know what those are, let us break it down for you. You buy the things we recommend; we get some cash. And when we say cash, we really mean change. Like, thirty-one cents. Fortunately, every little bit helps and we appreciate that you like what we like.